Re: Free Findmypast

Evertjan. wrote:

So is it strange that I think the genalogical world would be a better place if you would not have to pay for incidental searches in foreign countries?

The burden of paying is not only in the amount, but also in the whole rigmarole surrounding each payment.

Nonsense, no, reality.

Not strange at all, however, I unlike you have done something about it.
I and thousands of others of like mind have dug in to our pockets and bought records which we now host online, again at my/our own expense. That allows you and others in the genealogical world to view the records without charge.
In addition I have taken steps to enable records to be released which otherwise would still be closed.

What have you done other than complain?
Cheers
Guy

--