Re: Free Findmypast

Evertjan. wrote:

So is it strange that I think the genalogical world would be a better place if you would not have to pay for incidental searches in foreign countries?

The burden of paying is not only in the amount, but also in the whole rigmarole surrounding each payment.

Nonsense, no, reality.

Not strange at all, however, I unlike you have done something about it.
I and thousands of others of like mind have dug in to our pockets and bought records which we now host online, again at my/our own expense. That allows you and others in the genealogical world to view the records without charge.
In addition I have taken steps to enable records to be released which otherwise would still be closed.

What have you done other than complain?
Cheers
Guy

--
http://freespace.virgin.net/guy.etchells/ The site that gives you facts not promises
http://anguline.co.uk/ Old and rare books on CD

  • Re: interesting idea:
    ... I don't have a problem with paying "ridiculous" salaries - if there's ... I'd be seriously pushing for a substantial amount of the CEO pay ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: The actual interest rate on a loan
    ... If I pay my premiums for a year then I'd pay £1921.92, ... But that does *not* mean you would be paying £46.52 interest ... amount of interest proportional to the amount of money you owed ... That's an affective interst on my loan of 40.94%. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: interesting idea:
    ... I don't have a problem with paying "ridiculous" salaries - if there's ... I'd be seriously pushing for a substantial amount of the CEO pay ... to be deferred compensation, so that if they do not maintain the ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: interesting idea:
    ... I don't have a problem with paying "ridiculous" salaries - if there's ... I'd be seriously pushing for a substantial amount of the CEO pay ... to be deferred compensation, so that if they do not maintain the ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: OT Love Newt II
    ... unlikely "they" are paying any income tax whatsoever. ... people's taxes that go to pay the welfare. ... we just understand a fair number of folks getting assistance ... If a company wants to pay someone 10X over the minimum wage in a mutually ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)