Re: Possible Death at Sea 1853 "INDUS"
- From: Anne Chambers <anne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:58:24 +0930
Lesley Robertson wrote:
"Kate Spencer"<kate.spencer9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thank you one and all for your assistance, it's very much appreciated.
I find it extraordinary that the wife of a prominent government official,
as John Spencer COLEPEPER was still at this time, in Ceylon, can just
disappear off the face of the earth without so much as a single word to
note her passing.
She may or may not have died on the voyage back to England, it was thought
a possibility as it was so difficult to find any mention of her elsewhere.
She certainly died between 1853 and 1861 but where, remains a mystery
When people have been looking, have they also been checking Culpepper? Every
time I've read anything on this thread, it's struck me that had anyone just
said this name to me, that's what I would have written as it's quite
anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com
- Prev by Date: Re: Possible Death at Sea 1853 "INDUS"
- Next by Date: Re: Possible Death at Sea 1853 "INDUS"
- Previous by thread: Re: Possible Death at Sea 1853 "INDUS"
- Next by thread: Re: Possible Death at Sea 1853 "INDUS"