Re: REQ: Still Looking For Sarah Ann ??

diventknaa wrote:
After several further fruitless hours trying to establish the maiden name of Sarah Ann, the wife of my gggf John Nesbitt I would appreciate if anyone could try a bit of further lateral thinking.

I know she is:

Definitely Sara Ann

The family were living at 33 Smith St Wingate, at the time of the 1881 census, although the name is spelled as Naisbet. This census has her birthplace as Washington, Co Durham.

I have the birth certificate of her son Joseph 26th Nov 1875, which quotes her as Sara Ann Holloway, but the birth was reported by someone who was possibly illiterate. The only thing I have noticed is that the birth certificate says Sarah Ann Nesbit formerly HOLLOWAY, so whether as one person suggested here is that it was not her maiden name but she was married to a HOLLOWAY before John NESBITT.

Regards

JBN

I don't know if this will help,or if you have the information, however on Free BMD there is listed on the same page a John Nesbit and a Sarah Ann Dunburn, September Qtr 1871 at Tynemouth. This is not to say that they were the pair that married however it could be worth checking.

Well you did say lateral thinking.....

Ray
.