Map of London 1851 Updated ~ MAPCO Revised Project

Hello All.

Cross's London Guide 1851 displayed on the MAPCO website has been revised:

Cross's London Guide 1851
http://london1851.com

The thumbnail map and map images have been reworked to take full advantage of the wider format MAPCO website design. The 'click to enlarge' feature has been improved to give better access to very high quality enlarged images of each map section.

This beautiful hand coloured map of London is printed on silk, and shows the site of the Great Exhibition of 1851 in Hyde Park. Of course 1851 was a significant census year, making this a map of particular interest to historians and genealogists.

Please note that this map now has its own domain name, which is quite easy to remember: london1851.com

However, the map is still part of the MAPCO collection and the MAPCO : Map And Plan Collection Online website. I hope that you find the enlarged images a great improvement. Enjoy this fascinating map!

Look out for more MAPCO Revised maps in coming months.

Seasons greetings to you all. Thank you for your support of the MAPCO project throughout the year. May you all have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year. I will be back with many more MAPCO improvements and updates in 2010.

Kind regards,

David Hale,
Adelaide,
South Australia.