Re: FindMyPast Changes to Ts & Cs

"Ron Lankshear in Sydney NSW" <ronlank@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4B1831D2.1050304@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2009-12-04 5:08 AM, Mike Day wrote:
Just in from FindMyPast changes to the Fair Usage Limit.

================
Fair Usage limits - we have dramatically increased the monthly Fair Usage
Limit for subscribers and simplified how we calculate it. The new limit is a
huge 5000 record views per month
%<
Mike

On their page I aslo notice
12.2 You acknowledge and agree that the Resources are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only as set out in Clause 3.7 and that you may only download material and content from the Resources on one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the Resources is strictly prohibited.

So I cannot use my PC and my laptop to download stuff.
snip
--
Ron Lankshear -Sydney NSW (from London-Shepherds Bush/Chiswick)

Ron
I asked specifically before I signed up recently and was told
that using FMP on my desktop and laptop would not be a problem.

DaveT
In Sunny South Yorkshire

  • Re: FindMyPast Changes to Ts & Cs
    ... Fair Usage limits - we have dramatically increased the monthly Fair Usage ... Limit for subscribers and simplified how we calculate it. ... You acknowledge and agree that the Resources are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only as set out in Clause 3.7 and that you may only download material and content from the Resources on one computer hard drive for such purpose. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: FindMyPast Changes to Ts & Cs
    ... Fair Usage limits - we have dramatically increased the monthly Fair ... Limit for subscribers and simplified how we calculate it. ... You acknowledge and agree that the Resources are made available ... So I cannot use my PC and my laptop to download stuff. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: how much ram for Inspiron 1100 laptop?
    ... > software add ons that suck computer resources. ... > but we have only basic aps such as Eudora, ... > computer and using it more and more becasue the new Dell laptop (which ... > power, but we rarely run it on battery power anyway. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Not seeing workgroup resources
    ... >using two gateway computers (tower direct cable to DLink ... >created two station names, and a workgroup name, the Dhcp, ... >but when I go to view workgroup resources the tower shows ... >itself and just the station name for the laptop, ...
  • Re: My top 3 SF writers of all time
    ... laptop is alive" stories strike me as fantasy. ... T.H. requires quite a bit more resources than "my laptop is alive". ... than Mike does. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)