Re: 1939 National Registration

In message <6m89h55tff89tsume7vigt7863hgrfghjj@xxxxxxx>
Charles Ellson <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The forms which I had when my mother died went off to the DSS
(apparently to stop her pension etc.) and to the council (who
presumably used it to trigger the stopping of her council tax benefit
and re-allocation of the CT liability); I can't remember if HMRC were
told automatically or not.

When my father died I had to do most of that myself. Had a 6 page form to
fill in for HMRC.

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>

  • Re: 1939 National Registration
    ... Charles Ellson wrote: ... The forms which I had when my mother died went off to the DSS ... (apparently to stop her pension etc.) ... presumably used it to trigger the stopping of her council tax benefit ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: DSSS/Taxman rights to Search
    ... Presumably if they have a Court Order they can ask ... do with the DSS, ... believe it to be a lot less than HMRC. ... they would not be asking questions relating to income ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Forests to fall for food and fuel
    ... Not everyone sponges off the State to the extent you do, Doug. ... But you will still get the State Pension in addition to any private ... Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit and if it were high enough, ... pension you're paying in to today will be worth when you retire. ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Why are HMRC closing my pension?
    ... The letter states "I am in process of closing the named pension..." ... Given that the company that took over the company (and its pension) still ... exists what is this process of closure by HMRC all about? ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: How to stop getting a tax return?
    ... Her income is a state pension, a pension from last UK employment, and ... This was all gone through by HMRC in recent years and I believe her ... What is the procedure for stopping the tax return being sent to her? ... With overseas income, it is very unlikely that they will ever stop sending a ...
    (uk.finance)