Re: Find My Past 1911 - Irritating Foibles
- From: "Dr. Creighton Ward" <falcor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:37:35 GMT
I find that Findmypast and Ancestry both have irritations and up until
recently I had subscribed to both.
I have not bothered to renew my Ancestry this time as I personally find
them slightly behind Findmypast in
accuracy and responses to any transcription error reporting. Instead I have
taken out the Full Subscription package
with Findmypast. I await their future developments as I understand they have
bought/merged with Scotlandspeople.
I am hoping that a combination of their development teams will help to iron
out all the 'niggles' and give a British
online genealogical records archive that will outshine Ancestry.
Ultimately we should be thankful we have go this far. Imagine trying to do
this research without any of these companies.
It is still far better and a lot cheaper than trailing across the globe ones
self to view records, or using the postal system.
Maybe we are getting far to critical and not realising how lucky we really
are - myself included...........
- Prev by Date: Re: GRO certificates - a survey
- Next by Date: Zeibnissa, as a name.
- Previous by thread: Re: Find My Past 1911 - Irritating Foibles
- Next by thread: Re: Find My Past 1911 - Irritating Foibles