- From: Ian Goddard <goddai01@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:36:04 +0100
Ian Goddard wrote:
I have eventually identified my 3xg-gmother, Salome Hutchinson, as a child whose name at baptism is registered as "Loomy". It could simply be an instance of mis-hearing but I wonder if anyone has come across Loomy as a recognised diminutive of Salome.
It looks like it wasn't a regular diminutive. I think it must be a mis-hearing. After I replied to Roy I realised that the parents home was in a chapelry rather than in the area covered directly by the parish church so the PR will have been a transcription. I think the chapel register survives so it should make an interesting comparison.
Hotmail is for spammers. Real mail address is igoddard
at nildram co uk
- From: Ian Goddard
- Prev by Date: Re: News extracts: Sept. 23, 1823: Alexander Aitken sentenced to transportation [Perth, and Forfar, Scotland]
- Next by Date: Re: News extracts: Sept. 23, 1823: Alexander Aitken transportation - to where ?????
- Previous by thread: Re: Loomy/Salome
- Next by thread: Curiouser and curiouser