Re: 1911 pulling the cart before the horse
- From: "ListMail" <genmailnz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:47:05 +1300
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron O'Brien" <castcall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: 1911 pulling the cart before the horse
"Don Moody" <dpmoody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If Findmypast haven't yet completed getting the 1901 census on-line (just 19
English counties complete), surely they should not be attempting the 1911
until the 1901 is complete! It's really that simple. My God even Micro$oft
manage to put a fully working Windows XP on sale before they brought out
1911 is a National Archives project run in conjunction with Find My Past. TNA already have the 1901 census, and how can we ever forget that debacle, available through Genes Reunited. FMP are doing their own 1901 version.
As for the Ancestry look-ups - what's so complicated? I enter a name, a town
or county a date - why the hell should I not expect to get an accurate
result? That is very basic database activity. If I enter Elizabeth Morris,
of Monmouthshire, I do not expect to get Ethan Morrison (I think it was) of
a totally different county in the results.
Opt for an exact match with the Ancestry search.
Keith Wellington, NZ
- Prev by Date: Re: Camparison between Ancestry, FMP and Genesreunited?
- Next by Date: Re: Camparison between Ancestry, FMP and Genesreunited?
- Previous by thread: Re: 1911 pulling the cart before the horse
- Next by thread: Re: 1911 pulling the cart before the horse