Re: Rev. Dr.
- From: John Prentice <johnp.usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:59:59 +0000
When I was about 9 or 10, I asked my mother if our CoE vicar would
ever become a bishop. She said not. I asked how she knew, and she
said he hadn't got a first class degree. When I enquired further, she
explained that one of the essential requirements to be a bishop was,
as Don says, to have demonstrated intellectual ability.
I venture to suggest that the link between degree level and intellectual
ability is even more tenuous than that between YDNA and surname.
LOOK OUT, SPAM BLOCK AHEAD!
To email me, remove ".invalid" from the email address!
Check out the s.g.b FAQs at http://www.genealogy-britain.org.uk/ !
- Prev by Date: GenesReunited fault
- Next by Date: Re: GenesReunited fault
- Previous by thread: Re: Rev. Dr.
- Next by thread: Lost CAPELs