Re: Historic building preservation funding - Bletchley Park
- From: Dianne <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:50:35 +0000
The BP site http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/news/docview.rhtm/568017 says:
MK Council is asking MK Residents for their opinion on the provision of Match-Funding of £60,000 per year for two years towards the £600,000 total budget (largely provided by English Heritage) for the restoration of Bletchley Park.
I personally think it's wrong that a place of such historic interest has never rec'd proper funding.
If you think you may have had ancestors involved with BP:
has links to some of the lesser-known stories of Bletchley Park, and the people who were involved in them.
in Milton Keynes
"Joe Wakefield" <joe.wakefield.uk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:wceil.6678$nx.5853@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.This may be slightly OT for genealogy but without the historic importance of what happened at Bletchley Park, none of us would be posting or using the internet to search for ancestors.
There is a possibility this place could be closed and re-developed, without funding being made available. More information here:-
Sign the petition to show your support for funding:-
As I understand it the Lottery have turned down BP for a grant.
- Prev by Date: Re: Who Do You Think You Are? is back!
- Next by Date: Re: Historic building preservation funding
- Previous by thread: Re: Historic building preservation funding
- Next by thread: Re: Historic building preservation funding