Re: James William UNDERWOOD

"Paul U" <pju@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:N2pdl.23024$Sp5.11232@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Presumably you have the marriage certificate and know the name of his
father?

The Swindon marriage certificate of 24 Apr 1909 gives his father as
James UNDERWOOD (deceased), Butcher.

This fits perfectly with the census entry I found earlier.

Steven

  • Re: Finding grandmothers birth
    ... Her name is Annie Jones and was born (So my father in law thought) ... As we have her marriage certificate ... Genealogy is not about 'knowing' - a fact known to anyone who cares to ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Lying on a marriage certificate?
    ... grandmother which has the bride's father given as "John Newton, ... Often the age is ... The only way to tell if someone lied on a marriage certificate is to look at ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Marriage Certificate Question
    ... I've just received a marriage certificate for my gggmother who married in ... Even when a father is noted to be deceased, ... My ggf attended his sons wedding two years after he was "" on his daughters wedding certificate. ... Martin Brown ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Information on Marriage Certificate
    ... >imply that the Father is deceased? ... >I have the Marriage Certificate for Sarah Swan, ... >with her Mother, Mary Crawlery, widow, who also had 2 younger Crawley. ... Eve McLaughlin ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • RE: Marriage Certificate 1860
    ... > Was it customary to fill in the last section of a Marriage certificate ... If the bride proffered the information that her father was dead the ... > daughter's birth cert. ... England and 1855 in Scotland. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)