Re: Roy Stockdill TV!

From: "Peter Crosland" <g6jns@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Spotted him on the BBC 6 o'clock news talking about the 1911 census>

But not for long! Wasn't it Andy Warhol who said that everybody had their
15 minutes of fame? Well, mine lasted barely 15 seconds.

I have to confess, though, that I was rather pleased with the gigantic
blow-up shown in the studio behind the presenters that revealed my
grandmother, Harriett Stockdill, in the 1911 census in Bradford.

Sadly, I never knew her because she died before I was born. I wonder
what on earth she would have have made of it to know that her name
was broadcast to millions of people in a media she had never even heard
of more than 70 years after her death? It does make you think, does it
not?

--
Roy Stockdill
Professional genealogical researcher, writer & lecturer

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about,
and that is not being talked about."
OSCAR WILDE

.