Re: 1911 Census query on Medical Occupation
- From: Joe Wakefield <joew12.10.joewakefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 14:21:50 +0000
On 25/12/2008 14:10, Nomen Nescio wrote:
I have a fellow in the 1911 Census in Hertfordshire who at age 23, gives me a medical occupation I'm not sure about.BA - Bachelor of Arts. Letters you can put after your name when you get a degree (in most subjects, including science!).
The transcript says: B A ANTAB; Medical Student
However the original census image says: B. A. (Cantab); Medical Student
Can someone with some expert knowledge suggest what this might equate to?
Cantab = Nothing to do with Canterbury, but short for "of Cambridge (University)" in Latin (Cantabrigiensis).
Felix dies Nativitatis
- Prev by Date: Re: Occupation House Steward?
- Next by Date: Re: 1911 Census query on Medical Occupation
- Previous by thread: News extracts: Dec. 25, 1844: Gifts of the Queen Dowager
- Next by thread: Re: 1911 Census query on Medical Occupation