York Place, Pokesdown 1901
- From: "Noreen" <noreen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:10:46 +0900
I have obtained my father's birth certificate and it tells me that he was
registered as William Francis George Hobbs and that his birthdate was 11th
September 1903. This I already knew but, to my surprise, I found that he
was born at 23 York Place, Pokesdown, Bournemouth, Hampshire and not as his
usual home address (also in Bournemouth). I have tried the 1901 Census
online site and found the address but I have not subscribed to the site.
Thinking that the information that I had gained from that would help me to
find the same address in Ancestry (which I do subscribe to) I tried the 1901
census by searching for no name but the Residence as Hampshire and
Pokesdown. That gave me 59 pages of possibilities and I have tried
searching through those. As I was born and lived many years in that area I
recognised the streets but none seemed to be in the area of York Place.
Now, after all that rambling, my question is could anyone advise as to a
strategy that I might try to find the address I require?
I really would appreciate any help in this regard.
- Prev by Date: Re: Huguenots
- Next by Date: Re: York Place, Pokesdown 1901
- Previous by thread: News extracts: Dec. 7, 1822: The late hurricane at Liverpool [Dixon, Hughes]
- Next by thread: Re: York Place, Pokesdown 1901