What's happening with this census entry?
- From: bigbrian <harry8611@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 06:43:29 -0700
I have a birth cert of an Emily Ellen Wedlock in 1909, daughter of
Walter Edwin Wedlock. I believe that the 1881 census entry for Chelsea
at RG11; Piece: 82; Folio: 116; Page: 50 (according to Ancestry) is
the same Walter Wedlock, except that he's actually shown at the top of
page 51. He's aged 10, with his 16 year old sister Maria, living at
what looks like 8 Walmer Road. She's shown as a daughter, and he a
son, presumably intended to follow from the last entry on the previous
page. But that entry, which is for the McGrath family, has been
crossed through, with a note that the address in question, 8 & 9
Little Blenheim Street, has already been enumerated in District 10
(this being District 11). The address prior to the one crossed through
looks to be Cale or Cate Street, not Walmer Road, and has no Wedlocks,
so my question is how do I find which entry Walter and Maria's page is
intended to follow from? I've searched for other Wedlocks living in
the area without success, so I'm thinking its possible that the
previous page is somehow completely missing?
- Prev by Date: Re: A cousin has died in Devizes. Question
- Next by Date: Re: What's happening with this census entry?
- Previous by thread: Re: 1901 Census - interpretation assistance please..
- Next by thread: Re: What's happening with this census entry?