Re: Thomas Hale, farmer, died 1851, at Greet, near Winchcombe,Gloucestershire

how about a historical version of The Big Mac index?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index

Hugh W

I seem to remember an annual comparison of the price of a Mini (the old
sort, not the new sort) in terms of Mars Bars (representing a fixed amount
of a basket of commmodities). Wasn't it David Friedman (son of Milton) who
postulated that in a free market the price of everything halves, on average,
in a century?

Nick Russell
Herefordshire

  • Re: new kenwood?
    ... NOT microprocessor based, HAM BANDS ONLY... ... command a premium price, and after a couple of years, the price goes down to ... synthesizer/PLL system of some sort. ... Mass-production consumer electronics, most commercial comms ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.equipment)
  • Re: Is it possible to define two separate "Sort" methods in the same class?
    ... ArrayList mBuyLimits = new ArrayList; ... ArrayList mSellLimits = new ArrayList; ... public LongTermLimit(double price, int shares) ... I want to sort it by "Price" in descending order. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • RE: Multiple TSO logons (was: Patents, ...)
    ... Is HOD anything of the sort? ... address space server that provided a GUI interface for most of ... for TSO because among other things, it didn't do native TSO things like ... feedback from a bunch of customers for that price point. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Whats up with this? ADL and Hezbollah?
    ... Why might an organisation representing the ... What sort of outcome do ... If you had an enemy, and that enemy were willing to ... Who is evil? ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: racing Sat
    ... Opportunities abound at all the meetings,so there should be something ... Just thought I'd toss it in the pot anyway, as a sort of Saturday *Big ... Here`s one at a price that Ron can get on for the Remy LOL ...
    (uk.sport.horseracing)