Re: Prince Michael of Kent Award
- From: Dave Mayall <david.mayall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 12:00:19 +0100
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:30:02 GMT, "Joe.wakefield"
On 28/06/2007 16:31, Dave Mayall scribbled:
On Tuesday evening, Graham Hart, Trustee of FreeBMD, attended the
Society of Genealogists AGM in London and accepted a plaque reading
Society of Genealogists
Prince Michael of Kent Award 2007
Awarded to the trustees of FreeBMD
In acknowledgement of the outstanding contribution to Genealogists
across the globe by offering free access to the Births, Marriages and
Deaths Indexes online.
This is only the fourth time this has been awarded. Previous
recipients were The Family Record Centre, Michael Armstrong of AGM
Publishing and the Genealogical Society of Utah.
The Trustees were thrilled to accept this award which recognises the
huge efforts made by all the FreeBMD volunteers, without whom there
would be no FreeBMD.
Camilla von Massenbach
28th June 2007
Congratulations to *all* the volunteers as well as the trustees.
We may be named on the plaque, but if ever an award was accepted on
behalf of thousands of other people, this was it.
- Prev by Date: Re: scotlandspeople subscription was Re: Missing From Census? (Hugh et al Thanks continued)
- Next by Date: Re: FRENCH - WW1 Campaign Medal Roll Cards
- Previous by thread: Re: Prince Michael of Kent Award
- Next by thread: Re: Prince Michael of Kent Award