Re: Opinion Wanted, Please
- From: Graeme Wall <Graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:26:59 +0100
In message <6sv7839bpiv2igcdb01mp2nrpubldklelr@xxxxxxx>
Phil C. <philstoxicwaste@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:52:00 +0100, Graeme Wall
In message <4683d5ad$0$12383$426a74cc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
john <jfu-675h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
His occupation is "pressman at oilcake mills" so, if he was a carter a
few years later, it is unlikely to be the same person.
Doesn't follow at all, the mill could have closed down, or he was ill and
got sacked. A carter is a relatively unskilled occupation that he could
have picked up in such circumstances.
Or he could have had more than one job. A worker at the oilcake mills
may also have done some carting for them when the need arose?
Of course, but on a census is more likely to give his main occupation.
My genealogy website:
- Prev by Date: Re: Prince Michael of Kent Award
- Next by Date: Re: Opinion Wanted, Please
- Previous by thread: Re: Opinion Wanted, Please
- Next by thread: Re: Opinion Wanted, Please