Re: Marie Lloyd's Death

From: Peter Goodey
<TheOtherOneWorks@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Steve Bamford" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:ZZKdnX6HY7zR89jbnZ2dnUVZ8q2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Since both of these seem somewhat implausible, I wondered how likely
it was that the genuine cause of death would be recorded on her
death certificate. Having looked up what I think is the correct BMD
reference (1922 Dec Hendon 3a 326) I wondered about shelling out £7
for a copy of the certificate, but I thought I'd check first if
anyone else had already done this (Brief googling revealed.no
details of the cause of death, just that she collapsed on stage
after her health deteriorated)

The Dictionary of National Biography says "She died from heart and
kidney failure on 7 October 1922 at her home, 37 Woodstock Road,
Golders Green...".

It reads like something extracted from a death certifcate.>

A bit of Googling on "Marie Lloyd+died" reveals that at the time of her
death she was drinking heavily as a result of the disintegration of her
marriage to her third husband, Bernard Dillon, and also suffering from
stomach cancer.

--
Roy Stockdill
Guild of One-Name Studies: www.one-name.org

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about,
and that is not being talked about."
OSCAR WILDE

.