Re: Marie Lloyd's Death

From: Peter Goodey
<TheOtherOneWorks@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Steve Bamford" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:ZZKdnX6HY7zR89jbnZ2dnUVZ8q2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Since both of these seem somewhat implausible, I wondered how likely
it was that the genuine cause of death would be recorded on her
death certificate. Having looked up what I think is the correct BMD
reference (1922 Dec Hendon 3a 326) I wondered about shelling out £7
for a copy of the certificate, but I thought I'd check first if
anyone else had already done this (Brief googling revealed.no
details of the cause of death, just that she collapsed on stage
after her health deteriorated)

The Dictionary of National Biography says "She died from heart and
kidney failure on 7 October 1922 at her home, 37 Woodstock Road,
Golders Green...".

It reads like something extracted from a death certifcate.>

A bit of Googling on "Marie Lloyd+died" reveals that at the time of her
death she was drinking heavily as a result of the disintegration of her
marriage to her third husband, Bernard Dillon, and also suffering from
stomach cancer.

--
Roy Stockdill
Guild of One-Name Studies: www.one-name.org

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about,
and that is not being talked about."
OSCAR WILDE

  • Scottish Fireworks Championships
    ... Hi everyone:) So whos popping allong to this years championships at Perth ... Racecorse this year? ... Want to see some huge crowds to cheer us (the Blast ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Tri-State Crematory: Brent Marsh’s mother, sister plead not guilty falsifying death certificates
    ... The mother and sister of former Tri-State Crematory ... Superior Court to charges of filing false information on a death ... Brent Marsh last year pleaded guilty to dumping more than 300 bodies ... investigators found each defendant had signed one death certificate. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Death Certificate Issued Outside of NYC
    ... great uncle's Israel FREEDMAN's death certificate, ... place of death (which was Fallsburg). ... confirmation that Israel died in Fallsburg. ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • RE: NYC Coroners Death Certificate 1913
    ... My grandfather died in Manhattan on June 17, 1912 and did not require a Coroner's certificate. ... The standard Death Certificate issued does not ask for the spouse's name. ... Birthplace of Father. ... Although the heading is "State of New York, Department of Health The City of New York, Bureau of Records, Standard Certificate of Death", it doesn't seem standard to me in that it is clearly designed for a coroner's physician to fill out. ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Re: Unable to find birth or death certificates for Grandfather
    ... As the title says I am unable to find entries for the birth and death of my grandfather and I'm hoping someone in here can offer some advice on what to do next. ... The only record I can find is my grandfather's marriage certificate from 1921 which gives his age as 21 and his father's name. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)