Re: Finding a battalion

On Fri, 04 May 2007 09:06:38 +0100, Forrest Anderson
<forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 03 May 2007 22:16:01 +0100, in soc.genealogy.britain, DI Owens
<a@xxxxx> wrote:

There was always a family story that he was in the South Wales
Borderers so I had been surprised to find his medal card listing him
as Welsh Regiment.

You say that you found his Regimental Number as part of an address in
the back of his brother's diary. What was that address? Do you know
where he was living before he joined up?

Forrest

I'm going to have to get back to you on the address but it was a
military one (camp so & so) in Yorkshire if my memory is right.
before he joined up he would have lived just south of Builth Wells in
Breconshire.
.