Re: Birth Cert - born in ambulance

Andrew Brydon <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:rmRgKaAI7jNGFwdE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Not really a genealogy question, per se, but a colleague came up with
a question I couldn't definitively answer. What is recorded as place
of birth on a certificate when the baby is born in an ambulance, taxi
or similar vehicles en route to hospital (etc.)?

In your example I think it would be the hospital. If you extend your
example a little and imagine that the baby died moments after birth, I'm
pretty sure the official place of death would be the hospital.
Arrangements for birth and death registration would have to be
compatible.

--
Family History Research in Kent
http://www.inertia.demon.co.uk