Re: Birth Cert - born in ambulance

Andrew Brydon <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:rmRgKaAI7jNGFwdE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Not really a genealogy question, per se, but a colleague came up with
a question I couldn't definitively answer. What is recorded as place
of birth on a certificate when the baby is born in an ambulance, taxi
or similar vehicles en route to hospital (etc.)?

In your example I think it would be the hospital. If you extend your
example a little and imagine that the baby died moments after birth, I'm
pretty sure the official place of death would be the hospital.
Arrangements for birth and death registration would have to be
compatible.

--
Family History Research in Kent
http://www.inertia.demon.co.uk

  • Re: AMC/ Bianca Spoilering We Go
    ... Okay, so, Bianca shows up in PV, end of this week, apx. ... Miranda was born in the ... They took refuge in a handy cabin where Bianca gave birth. ... Babe's baby. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc)
  • Re: Dr. Phil and the 30%
    ... > up to 30% of room in the birth canal. ... > The injury my son sustained at birth is called a brachial plexus injury. ... > He was a big baby, and during the time of delivery, after his head came out, ... a phenomenon known as shoulder dystocia. ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: Grandmas!!
    ... my two boys were born. ... The baby is fine and so are the parents. ... My son has already sent me photos and she is an adorable tiny girl. ... He's 38 years old, so it is a long time, yet I remember giving birth to each of my children very well, in fact as if it were only yesterday. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Dr. Phil and the 30%
    ... It is important to clearly state that OBs are closing birth canals up to 30% ... and how the injury to a child at birth can impact a family. ... He was a big baby, and during the time of delivery, after his head came out, ... paralyzed due to the severe damage of the nerves (the brachial plexus ...
    (sci.med)
  • Girls in India
    ... Some villages haven't seen the birth of a female in years ... If our baby is a girl - her arrival is likely to be greeted, by some, ... shower you with curses or steal your baby". ... But we will not know the sex of our child until it is born. ...
    (soc.culture.nepal)