Re: SKS means spongers and scroungers!
- From: "Dave Mayall" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:53:23 +0100
" Jill" <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"cecilia" <myths@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I don't find Roy's manner of expression similar to that of the
Yorkshiremen of my family.
Nor do I or the number of my acquaintance
His manner and constant excuse for it by his county of preference gives
many Yorkshiremen a bad name
Only if you are the sort of person who holds prejudices against one person
as a result of what others have said or done.
Clearly you dislike the way Roy expresses himself, and you are free to hold
an opinion of him as you think fit, but to suggest that this taints the rest
of Yorkshire is utter poppycock!
It is certainly my experience that in much of Northern England plain
speaking, and calling a spade a spade is regarded as an admirable quality.
- Prev by Date: Re: SKS means spongers and scroungers!
- Next by Date: British Schools
- Previous by thread: Re: SKS means spongers and scroungers!
- Next by thread: Re: SKS means spongers and scroungers!