- From: THJ <tchj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:17:00 +0100
I'm having difficulty translating some medieval terms accurately which contain the Dutch root 'tijns' e.g. tijnsgoed, tijnsman, tijnsgenoot etc. and, particularly 'vrij tijnsweer'. These seem to refer to tenures where the feudal obligations have been 'bought out', but there seem to be other aspects relating to freedom to use, sell and inherit the landholding. I wondered if someone could describe the features of 'Tijnsgoed' which might help link the term with some English equivalent.
Many thanks in advance..
- Prev by Date: Re: STAP bestuur stelt lancering Wie.Was.Wie.nl uit.
- Next by Date: Re: Tijnsgoed
- Previous by thread: + wijzigingen www.online-begraafplaatsen.nl van 12-10-2011
- Next by thread: Re: Tijnsgoed