New to the Group

Greetings Everyone,
My name is Anita and I am new to this group. This is to introduce myself and
my interest in Genealogy. I have been doing research for over thirty years
now, and have been blessed. I traced my maternal lines to Delaware,
Maryland, Colonial Virginia, Pennsylvania, South Carolina. The information I
found has so far filled two books, Notes and Dcouments of Free Persons of
Color, and Pieces of the Quilt: The Mosaic of an African American Family.
Both books detail my research and the Information I collected on my
ancestors. My books are available through Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>. I
also have a radio show called, Anita Talks Genealogy, which airs on Blog Talk
Radio. My show Airs Friday nights from 8:00-8:45 pm, (pst), every Friday.

Anita Talks Genealogy <http://blogtalkradio.com/Anita-Wills>

Another site I maintain is, the Minqua Site, which is about my Pennsylvania
ancestors, who resided in the Welsh Mountains.

Minqua <http://minqua.ning.com/>

Prior to my researching our ancestors, the only information I had about our
family history, came from my mother. She told me everything she knew, but
she did not know everything. It was only by accident that I found the names
of my ancestors and that they resided in Virginia. That was the one clue
that set me off on a Journey that continues to this day. I connected to
ancestors who were in the Revolutionary War, and ancestors who were Mulatto
Servants to George Washington's Family, and to the Family of President James
Monroe. For me finding these ancestors were like opening a can of worms,
but it is my family's history.

I like forward to sharing with everyone.

Anita Wills

  • Re: How Should We Store Evidence in Genealogical Databases?
    ... With Beowulf one of the ancestors along the way. ... Do the genealogy of the Bible and several books on Irish mythology, ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Holocaust Denial Bad, Race Denial Good?
    ... Genealogy-the study of who a person's ancestors are-is viewed by ... "The Genealogy Craze in America: ... Pinker, the Harvard psychologist and author of the outstanding 2002 ... Let's take a look at a two different types of family tree for, ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Archivist, palaeographer and historical researcher in the East Midlands
    ... Pre-census genealogy. ... Latin translated. ... Set in the context of demography, local and national history, ... giving you extra insights into your ancestors' lives. ...
    (soc.genealogy.marketplace)
  • Re: Windsor vs. Wales
    ... research of Scottish Old Parish Registers Births, Baptisms, Marriages ... Not particularly a genealogy site, but very useful for those with Scots ... ancestors and none of us has the time to check them all, ... Thomas and William and daughter Janet. ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)
  • Archivist, palaeographer and historical researcher in the East Midlands of England