Re: Camera purchase where?

John Smith wrote:

Hi,
We are visiting Thailand from London next week. Need a new digicamera...any advice ref where to purchase a good Canon camera?. We will be in Bangkok...then Phuket for a few weeks.
I expect the cost will be less than in UK?
Thank you,
John

Hi John,

I found a place in MBK (Bangkok) (I think 3rd floor) had a good stock of pro gear and very enthusiastic staff.

In Phuket, Central has a "Big Camera" shop. Prices are not as good as in BKK and staff have little to no knowledge of the equipment.

REgards,
Alex

  • Re: Camera purchase where?
    ... > John Smith wrote: ... >> digicamera...any advice ref where to purchase a good Canon camera?. ... >> will be in Bangkok...then Phuket for a few weeks. ... > BKK and staff have little to no knowledge of the equipment. ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • Re: Camera purchase where?
    ... We are visiting Thailand from London next week. ... Need a new digicamera...any advice ref where to purchase a good Canon camera?. ... We will be in Bangkok...then Phuket for a few weeks. ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • Layoffs loom at Phuket Hotels and Brothels
    ... Layoffs Loom as Pay Pressures Mount on Phuket ... this means problems for resorts and their staff early in ... sufficient income to sustain all their staff through the coming low ... tourism figures that followed the record 2007-2008 high season. ...
    (soc.culture.thai)