Pa' cao ?
- From: "Chayco" <islandteak@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:44:51 GMT
There seems to be a few Buddhaphiles on the group now so I would appreciate
a better understanding of just who the Pa' Cao are and how they get to that
point. Pa' Cao are the white robed monks who usually live in isolation. The
ones I have known are cave dwellers. The first chap lived alone for 4 or 5
years and then two more monks arrived. In more recent years a few 'Mae shee'
have also moved into the cave system. I believe they are all followers of
the original fellow. From what I understand the Pa' Cao were once the brown
robed 'travelling monks' and then left that order to become 'separate'. The
original monk and now the others do receive limited food supplies from
supporters on the outside during the dry season.
Any insight appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Wanted : English to Thai Win PC Translator Application
- Next by Date: Re: Wanted : English to Thai Win PC Translator Application
- Previous by thread: Wanted : English to Thai Win PC Translator Application
- Next by thread: Liberal Racism