Re: A Farang and his Wife walk into a store........
- From: "maxwell" <mmmaxwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:54:32 -0400
"ian" <ian.not@xxxxxxx> wrote ...
> A Farang and his Thai wife walk into a store [in Thailand] and ask a shop
assistant about air conditioners.
> The shop assistant calculates BTUs, then demonstrates several a/c units.
> Farang asks about prices, and receives details.
> Farang thanks assistant, and starts to leave.
> Wife gets very upset, insists that a/c unit must be purchased, that it
would be very rude not to do so now.
> What cultural no-no did the farang commit?
> How can this be avoided?
> Is Thai Wife inappropriately importing street stall bargaining rules
> into an electronics store?
> Inquiring mind wants to know!!!
Could it have nothing to do with the situation with the shop assistant, but
rather with the situation of not having the expected air con?
Does farang sweat like water buffalo? ;~)
- Prev by Date: A Farang and his Wife walk into a store........
- Next by Date: The *real* victims
- Previous by thread: A Farang and his Wife walk into a store........
- Next by thread: Re: A Farang and his Wife walk into a store........