Re: The indianisation of Singapore
- From: shauan123 <shauan123@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 30, 11:06 am, Wakalukong <wakaluk...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:06 am, aioe <hah...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It seems to me many more Indian Singaporeans are being chosen to hold
the highest political office in Singapore.
Just look at the facts:
1. The current Singapore President is an Indian Singaporean.
2. The recent Chief of Army is an Indian Singaporean.
3. The Minister of Home Affairs is now an Singaporean.
4. The Minister of Finance is another well known Indian Singaporean.
In addition, there are also many Indian Singaporean within the civil
service that are key appointment holders.
No doubt this a good thing as it shows the theory of meritocracy is
working well and all of these candidates are extremely capable or well
qualified, are Singaporean comfortable with the appointment ?
Next president could well be Tarmugi. After the Chinese Ong Teng
Cheong and the Indian Nathan, by the PAP system, it will be the
Malay's turn. Wah lao! S$4.2 million waiting for him. Huat ah!!!
Until S R Nathan announces it himself, we cannot be so sure that he
will give up the Presidency. Remember how he continued into the second
term? By announcing it himself, without consulting the Presidential
Advisory Council or LKY first.
- Prev by Date: Re: A political uprising in Singapore !?... Street demo impossible ...but there is a better way !
- Next by Date: Re: SingHealth CEO: 'I never dated, nor tried to date, Dr Susan Lim'
- Previous by thread: Re: The indianisation of Singapore
- Next by thread: Re: The indianisation of Singapore