The indianisation of Singapore
- From: aioe <hahaha@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:06:22 +0800
It seems to me many more Indian Singaporeans are being chosen to hold the highest political office in Singapore.
Just look at the facts:
1. The current Singapore President is an Indian Singaporean.
2. The recent Chief of Army is an Indian Singaporean.
3. The Minister of Home Affairs is now an Singaporean.
4. The Minister of Finance is another well known Indian Singaporean.
In addition, there are also many Indian Singaporean within the civil service that are key appointment holders.
No doubt this a good thing as it shows the theory of meritocracy is working well and all of these candidates are extremely capable or well qualified, are Singaporean comfortable with the appointment ?
- Prev by Date: Re: Madcow take on PAP in Tampines....Will Mah Pow Tan good enough to win again ?
- Next by Date: Re: Tin Pei Ling is soooooooooooo sweet PAPaya ...
- Previous by thread: Wusong: I dare you to reply to this message
- Next by thread: Re: The indianisation of Singapore