Re: How LKY prop up Las Vegas Sands
- From: AleXX <lobert'_s_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:56:28 +0800
1. You lie again, to you, all policies are evil.
2. You lie again, when you don't even know what was agreed between the two parties.
3. Nonsense, it benefited most of the people in Singapore especially the poor.
4. You quote the "20%" from the nowhere, most probably your own hot air.
5&6. Yes, compare Singapore labour cost with other countries like Vietnam and China. That is why foreigners are imported to provide cheap labour for these industries. Singaporean can continue to work in these industries in supervisory and management position. With these extra foreigners, other Singaporean in other services such as retails and transport....etc will benefit.
7. Unemployment benefit is not forever, it is just an insurance which employers are forced paying for it! People will abuse it and such benefit will go burst sooner or later. Many people are not covered under such benefit.
Homeless people in Australia are technically elligible for such benefits. However their live styles, lack of fixed address make it difficult for them to apply and recieve payments. A large majority of Australia's long term homeless population suffer from mental illness, which creates further problems. The average person on the street does not receive unemployment benefits.
1. I only hope that the evil policies of the pap failed.
so that they will abandon these policies which are
2. U think it is so easy to just take over the assets of
a company listed on the American Stock Exchange.
Before the Singapore government move in there are
all sorts of legal hurdles to sort out. How about other
3. Most of the pap policies benefitted only the top 5 - 10%
while the rest 80 -90 % suffers.
4. The statistics show that wages of the bottom 20% has
suffered a decline over the last 10 years.
5. How can you compare Singapore labour cost with other
countries like Vietnam and China when Singaporean cost
of living is so much higher than in these countries.
6. If industries which are not efficient then there is no reason
to keep them in Singapore by penalising those poor Singaporeans.
By importing cheap foreign labours to keep these industries afloat,
the wages of those poor Singaporeans are artificially depressed
for far too long. The pap ministers always claimed they are the
best in the world to justify their world highest pay of a few $millions,
and yet they cannot come out with a better economic policy to
drive Singapore forward. Instead they chose the easy way out
which is the route of cheap labour. Why should the economic
growth of Singapore be put squarely on the shoulders of the
poor segment of Singapore society. As a result of this disastrous
policy, the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer.
7. In Australia there is unemployment benefits of about A$1,000
a month. On top of that there is government pension for retirees
to enjoy their old age. Medical is also free. Now in Western
Australian, pensioner can travel FREE on public transport.
No matter how u look at it, the situation of people in Australia
is many times better than in Singapore. That is why over 100,000
Singaporeans have chosen to live in Australia. Many young
Singaporeans after graduating here are not going back to
Singapore as the case for making Australia their home is
overwhelming. They have a good quality of lives, a secured
future and a good retirement to look forward to.
"Frankie" <leeahkwee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1e7b58f1-8102-45e5-9892-71ea5f02b52c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mar 21, 11:56 am, AleXX <lobert'_s_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:1. If the company is bankrupt (you always hope that Singapore failed)
The buildings and infrastructures etc will still be there in Singapore.
2. There are always some people benefited less than others when policies
are made. So long as the policies are made for most of the people.
Minimum wages id the best medicine for people. Otherwise, the factories
would not have moved out from US and many western countries to low
labour cost countries like China, Vietnam ...........
In Singapore, labour cost has been increasing and if no foreigners are
allowed here, more factories will move out, more Singaporean will be
Australia unemployment rate has gone up to 5.1%
UNEMPLOYMENT increased by 47,100 to 590,500. The number of persons
looking for full-time work increased by 44,400 to 426,000 and the number
of persons looking for part-time work increased by 2,600 to 164,500.
- Prev by Date: Re: Singapore civil servants expect to get their performance bonus
- Next by Date: Shamelessly, LKY is still talk ***with his ***and bull stories
- Previous by thread: Re: How LKY prop up Las Vegas Sands
- Next by thread: Re: How LKY prop up Las Vegas Sands