Re: Prices of food stuff saw heflty increases...soon the poor go hungry ?!
- From: Politikus <ffasia@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:52:37 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 13, 9:52 am, baldeagle <botakea...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A duplicate key now cost $2.00 in my neighbourhood....a 100%
Equally bad is the cost of ESSENTIAL food stuff. I just visited
Sheng Siong and found that :
A can of Maling luncheon meat (my favourate for sandwich fillings)
now cost $2.50 (old price...$1.20)
A killo of local fish (Seklar) now cost $5.50 (old price - $2.50)
One pineapple (Malaysian) now cost $2.90 (old price - $1.50)
A killo of small size prawn now cost $12.00 (old price -$6.50)
A loaf of house brand bread $1.30 (old price $1.00)
Most prices of food stuff have increase from 30% to over 100%.
How much have the wages of the poor workers has increased....3% ?
Are we seeing early symptoms of stagflation in Singapore? Are the
economy really growing or just speculative? :-(
<<< FastForward Asia <<<
- Prev by Date: Re: Pedra Branca issue
- Next by Date: Re: The Ren Ci saga.....the fallouts from NKF.. HOW ABT THAT 'HARVEST CHURCH'?
- Previous by thread: Re: Prices of food stuff saw heflty increases...soon the poor go hungry ?!
- Next by thread: Re: Prices of food stuff saw heflty increases...soon the poor go hungry ?!