Re: Support Chee Siok Chin Legal Defence Fund

We chinese also invented the PAP! We should unify Singapore and
Malaysia with the main mother land China! Long live Chinese
superiority!

syamui88 wrote:
Extracted from her paper:

'Dear Friends and fellow Singaporeans,

The PAP has been the ruling party in Singpaore for more than 40 years
and hs won more than a dozen elections, always in landslide victories.

Singaporeans must begin to question why this is so. The PAP will have
you believe that opposition candidateds lack credibility and integrity.
This is however, not the reason why the PAP continues to dominate
parliament with more than 95 percent of the seats in the house. The
real reason lies in the way the elections system is designed, and the
way the PAP fights the elections.

This is why I have taken out an Originating Summons to examine the way
the elections were conducted and to seek a declaration from the supreme
court that the 2006 General Elections were unconstitutionally run, and
therefore, null and void.

In my Affadavit I had stated that the outcome of votes tied to
upgrading, the distribution of the Progress Package and New Singapore
Shares during the 2006 and 2001 GE periods respectively as well as the
banning of podcasting and blogging in GE 2006 amount to intimidation,
vote-buying, and censorship which contravenes the Parliament Elecitons
Act.

The government has misused its power and this must be addressed. It
must answer and be accountable to us, the citizens of Singapore,
because all of us have a stake in this country.

The lawsuit brought on by the Lees against Dr Chee and I will also be
an expensive and long-drawn out one. We have chosen to stand firm.
There is nothing in this for us except to seek justice and democracy
for our nation.

The legal process, however, is very expensive. Each time I go to court
to file documents, the process itself cousts hundreds of dollars. It is
estimated that we will spend at least $10,000 on filing fees alone.

This fight should be the fight of all Singaporeans who are concerned
with transparency and democratic accountabillity. As such I ask you to
do your part and contribute to the legal defence fund that I have set
up to fight these two cases. If you feel that these are matters
important enough, please give so that we can mount an effective legal
campaign against the Lees and the PAP.

Mr M Ravi (representing lawyer) has dedicated himself to these cases
and has, as with previous cases, worked tirelessly and pro bono. He
needs all the assistance he can get.

I hope that this will be the start of citizen action against the
bullying of the PAP government. Let this be a people's fight against
those who oppress us.

Sincerely yours,
Chee Siok Chin

Acct name: Chee Siok Chin
Bank: POSBank
Acct no.: 033-50592-2

(Please pass this message on to your friends. Thank you)

  • Freedom in the world 2007: Singapores country report
    ... The long rule of the People's Action Party (PAP) was perpetuated by the ... results of general elections held in early May 2006. ... extent to which opposition candidates remain disadvantaged. ... Singapore, located along major shipping routes in Southeast Asia, was ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: Freedom in the world 2007: Singapores country report
    ... results of general elections held in early May 2006. ... reflected the extent to which opposition candidates remain disadvantaged. ... Singapore, located along major shipping routes in Southeast Asia, was ... the ruling People's Action Party (PAP) transformed the port city ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: SG Govt vs the people Divided?
    ... popular PAP candidate who can garner votes on a national level, say LKY,can ... > Why do most Singaporeans- not have the chance to vote during elections? ... > What is the true purpose of the 'GRC' system of elections? ... > - They are wonder if Singapore is a Democracy ruled like a Monarchy- ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you
    ... Have you seen the faces of the PAP MPs and ministers in their post- ... In past elections, the PAP made full use of the media to gag the ... One can only hear the opposition speaks when one visit ... Suddenly, the politically apathetic Singapore public, were exposed to ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: Support Chee Siok Chin Legal Defence Fund
    ... The PAP has been the ruling party in Singpaore for more than 40 years ... and hs won more than a dozen elections, ... Singaporeans must begin to question why this is so. ... This fight should be the fight of all Singaporeans who are concerned ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)