Re: De Tour Singapore?

If there were enough interested, a "Tour de Singapore" could
possibly be organized. However, would the population tolerate
sections of road closed throughout the island for a day or
half day, for the race?

--
HPT

"kilometric" wrote:

> Since the Tour de France straddle over 5 EU countries over
> 3000 km long, Singapore can also organized a Tour de Asean.
>
> However, knowing how screw up all ASEAN countries are went
> working together, it will never happen for another 100 yrs.
>
> If they can agree on anything like roads and trade and
> custom clearance, sports is way down the pecking order.
>
> "Di Da Di" <didadi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Why Singapore cannot think out of the box - lie having a
>> de tour singapore on bicyle. Bicycle is nto the life
>> stream of transport in france and in europe, and yet over
>> the years, the de tour france is a growing tourism indusry
>> as people from all over the world flocked ot see these
>> cyclists engaging in this form of tournament , and they
>> move on to other european to
>> compete. All the are carried in summer from country to
>> country in europe.
>>
>> Why is it that singapore is one of the main stream in
>> using bicyle as transport in the early days was not able
>> to promote de toru signapore on bicyclee?
>>
>> Was it becos it looks cheap and poor immage becos the
>> cyclists will likely be the trishaw brigade? How come
>> France can do it without formual one.?
>>
>> Can singapore have a de tour Singapore?

  • Re: De Tour Singapore?
    ... Since the Tour de France straddle over 5 EU countries over 3000 km long, ... Singapore can also organized a Tour de Asean. ... However, knowing how screw up all ASEAN countries are went working together, ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: De Tour Singapore?
    ... What about 'Tour De Geylang'? ... > Why Singapore cannot think out of the box - lie having a de tour singapore ... > europe, and yet over the years, the de tour france is a growing tourism ... All the are carried in summer from country to country in europe. ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: Kudos for Singapore
    ... While foreigners have free luxurious tour of Singapore, ... Singapore airport can make you long for a long layover ... may it happen at Changi International. ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: 2006 New Year Wish
    ... life they are having in singapore. ... >countries I've visited - some 3rd world, ... >comfortable living conditions. ... >High cost of living: Think Singapore cost of living is high? ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Why our A team can catch deal
    ... SM Goh spent his time r\travelling outside of Singapore like MM did. ... One wonders what other deals were they invovlved with the Libyan Govt ... This included the middle east countries, ... and European businesses and contractors. ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)