Re: by-election in Fife imminent

Cory Bhreckan wrote:
Adam Whyte-Settlar wrote:
"S Viemeister" <firstname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6j9sl6F262fvU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adam Whyte-Settlar wrote:

My next tip for you. If you have any shares in Morgan Stanley get rid of them bloody quick.
You know I'm always right on these things. And usually about a year ahead of the so-called 'experts' too.
Don't say I'm not good to you.

AIG seems to be in a bit of trouble, too.

: )
I just love that British understatement thing.

It has something to do with the stiff upper lip, or is it the sticky wicket.

My upper lip is not at all stiff, and I do not possess a wicket, sticky or otherwise...

  • Re: by-election in Fife imminent
    ... rid of them bloody quick. ... It has something to do with the stiff upper lip, or is it the sticky wicket. ... My upper lip is not at all stiff, and I do not possess a wicket, sticky or otherwise... ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Manchester moot advanced notice
    ... Lizz Holmans said: ... > My upper lip was so numb this afternoon I suddenly understood what a ... > stiff upper lip was, and wondered how you folks ever znantrq to talk, ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Half as much again
    ... There's no I in team nor in the initials for "Stiff Upper Lip". ... horizon. ... myles [or as you might have had it: DGUYIDJ - but I would not SULly ...
    (alt.usage.english)