India Blames China for Maoist Uprising
- From: Muhammad Javed Iqbal <kaleemjavediqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 00:01:57 -0800 (PST)
Instead of addressing the root causes of the Maoist uprising, Indian
government has started a blame game against China, alleging for
supplying arms to these insurgents.
Recently, Home Secretary of the Indian Union, G.K. Pillai accused that
China was “a big supplier of small arms to the Maoists…the Chinese are
In fact, Maoist uprising which has taken the form of armed struggle is
indigenous. It has become an unending insurgency due to the injustices
and state terrorism perpetrated by the rich Hindus and Indian security
Maoist movement initially started by its leader, Mupala Luxman Rao in
1969 in the form of peasant uprising in West Bengal, protesting
against big Hindu landlords who left no stone unturned in molesting
the poor people through their mal-treatment such as forced labour,
minimum wages, maximum work, unlawful torture and even killings—the
evils one could note prior to the Frech Revolution of 1789 when fedual
lords had practised similar injustices on the farmers.
However, instead of redressing the grievances of the peasants and
workers, Indian security forces in connivance with the rich-dominated
society used the forces of state terrorism in crushing the Maoist
movement. The Maoists had no choice...
Read full article at http://www.markthet ruth.com/ china/202
- Prev by Date: is a new Pak India War on Horizon?
- Next by Date: Foxes in the habitat of Lions - American Troops Will Concentrate on Taliban Stronghold
- Previous by thread: is a new Pak India War on Horizon?
- Next by thread: Foxes in the habitat of Lions - American Troops Will Concentrate on Taliban Stronghold