Sarawak Headhunter

http://saarawakheadhunter.blog_spot.com/
Taib Mahmud who?
|||08/03/19 12:13 AM|Al Tugauw
Taib Mahmud who? Part I of Parts I-VII
http:://knightadventure.blogspot.com/2008/02/taib-who-part-i.html By Christhoper
K. Knigh[More]
The Broken Shield
|||08/03/19 12:51 AM|Al Tugauw
Please call 019-8349790 or email josephtawie@@yahoo.com to order. The Broken
Shield [More]
Taib Mahmud, Oh Taib Mahmud! What have you done?
|||08/03/19 03:57 AM|Al Tugauw
Pak Lah's Head to Roll Soon - the End is in Sight! Praise and Thanks be to God!
|||08/03/20 12:29 AM|Al Tugauw
While the Sarawak Headhunter concentrates on Sarawak, nevertheless we cannot
ignore what is happening at the Federal level. The overthrow of the BN Federal
government will certainly ...[More]
SUPP MP Quits
|||08/03/21 09:49 AM|Al Tugauw
SUPP MP Quits Posted by Wong Ho Leng on Sarawak Talk on March 20, 2008 at
13:54:30: SUPP MP Quits Malaysiakini reports today (20/3/2008) that Serian MP
Richard Riot from Sarawak SUPP has resigned from his Party after he was not
appointed to the federal cabinet. Though Anwar had been reported in ...[More]
What Happened at RHB? More Questions than Answers
|||08/03/22 09:37 AM|Al Tugauw
What happened at RHB? More Questions than Answers This is an old article, but
still relevant as a reminder. Did someone (who could that be?) bite off more
than they could chew and now are choking on it? Is it true as reported in the
Asian Wall Street Journal that EPF?s investment of RM2.3 billion ...[More]
SUPP has Failed to Oppose the Following in the Past:
|||08/03/23 01:50 AM|Al Tugauw
SUPP HAS FAILED TO OPPOSE THE FOLLOWING IN THE PAST: WHY SUPP LEADERS ARE NOT
TRUSTWORTHY OR ETHICAL ? Or WHY SUPP DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED? by Disillusioned
Sarawakian I am writing this from outside Sarawak as I migrated with my family
to Australia last year. I spent most of my working l...[More]
While you are Sleeping, your Pensions & Retirement Savings are Disappearing Fast
|||08/03/23 03:27 AM|Al Tugauw
While you are Sleeping, your Pensions & Retirement Savings are Disappearing Fast
Posted by Vineeth Menon on Malaysia Today Sunday, 23 March 2008 On March 19,
2008 NST (written by Zaidi Isham Ismail) reported EPF had obtained the Ministry
of Finance's approval to invest USD 2 billion or RM 6.36 billion (RM 3.18 = USD
1). 1. As everyone should know, the new cabinet was sworn in after the report
appeared on NST. How can a caretaker Minister of Finance hav...[More]
Corruption? What Corruption?
|||08/03/24 08:05 AM|Al Tugauw
Corruption? What Corruption? Posted by Wong Ho Leng on Sarawak Talk on March 23,
2008 at 16:04:57: Corruption? What Corruption? The 12th General Election was
concluded 14 days ago, the cabinet had just been formed, and we have since heard
many calls to curb corruption. There must be a reason for...[More]
101 Sebab Mengapa Pak Lah Mesti Terus Jadi PM
|||08/03/29 09:15 AM|Al Tugauw
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 101 Sebab Mengapa Pak Lah Mesti Terus Jadi PM ...[More]
This is Exactly What Sarawak Headhunter has been Saying, but do most Sarawakians
Themselves Realise It?
|||08/03/29 02:27 PM|Al Tugauw
Taken from Malaysia-Today... written by KL Dude, March 29, 2008 | 13:14:49 (in
response to the above article from ALIRAN) I do agree with the writer to a
certain extent... on the situation in Ulu Baram Sarawak or even Sarawak and
Saba...[More]
Stunning incompetence ? and proof that nothing has changed
|||08/03/29 02:35 PM|Al Tugauw
Stunning incompetence ? and proof that nothing has changed ALIRAN Friday, 28
March 2008 If we thought that dealing an electoral blow to the Umno-led BN would
serve as a wake-up call, we?d better think again. Far from learning anything
from the rebuke, the new cabinet is proof that not one thing has got in those
thick skulls, observes Tingang. First, it would be a normal assumption that
there is consultation before announcing a cabinet. But the tw...[More]
What did Sarawak and Sabah get for more than RM330 Billion worth of Petroleum
Revenues?
|||08/03/30 12:05 AM|Al Tugauw
Posted by Maverick SM at Cakap Tak Serupa Bikin blog. Petroliam Nasional Bhd
(...[More]
Letter to Malaysian PM: Corruption allegations against Sarawak CM Taib Mahmud...
|||08/03/30 12:42 PM|Al Tugauw
27/04/2007 We, the undersigned Japanese non-governmental organizations and
citizen's groups, wish to express our profound concern regarding threats by the
Sarawak Chief Minister Tan Sri Pehin Taib Mahmud to lodge a defamation suit
against the Malaysiakini news service and leaders of Party Keadi...[More]
Being well connected goes a long way in Malaysia
|||08/03/30 12:50 PM|Al Tugauw
From 5 years ago - Has anything changed in Sarawak? 05/05/2003 In some parts of
Malaysia, business and politics are inextricably linked, writes Michael Backman.
The Sarawak State Government gave two road construction contracts worth a
combined $M79.86 million ($A32.59 million) to the...[More]
What's inside Mahathir's closet?
|||08/04/02 03:01 AM|Al Tugauw
From Susan Loone's Blog: Tis the season to clear out closets. But alas, many
still keep skeletons in them! The below letter was addressed to former Prime
Minister Mahathir Mohamad by Jayashanker Rajagopal from Sela...[More]
Don't Listen to Mahathir!
|||08/04/02 03:32 AM|Al Tugauw
Before anyone gives any credence at all to anything that Mahathir may say, I
would just like to say a few words of caution. I am quite sure that Mahathir
knows that it all started when he went against Tunku Abdul Rahman (who was until
then by his own admission "the happiest Prime Minister in the wor...[More]
Looks Like the Federal BN Gov't has another Stupid Minister Here
|||08/04/10 09:29 AM|Al Tugauw
On BN doesn't discriminate, Azalina tells MBs (as per the report in
Malaysiakini), Azalina in showing the vindictiveness of the BN, is equally
showing her own stupidity. Does she expect her stand, which reflects Federal
Government ...[More]
Blast From The Past - "The Malaysian Dilemma" Part 1 of 6
|||08/04/11 10:14 AM|Al Tugauw
THE MALAYSIAN DILEMMA - THE DISEASE AND THE CURE by D.P. Pangai 13.Sep.1998 The
current dilemma in the form of the economic crisis that Malaysia faces raises
more questions perhaps than answers, questions which largely it would appear the
Malaysian government does not want to ask or be asked...[More]
Blast From The Past - "The Malaysian Dilemma" Part 2 of 6
|||08/04/11 04:47 PM|Al Tugauw
THE MALAYSIAN DILEMMA - THE DISEASE AND THE CURE by D.P. Pangai 13.Sep.1998 They
were speedily replaced by Mahathir?s choices and the national media is now back
to toeing the official UMNO party and government line with an assiduity which
would surprise even the most obsequious of sycopha...[More]
3rd warning to the Cabinet: Resign Now!
|||08/04/11 05:28 PM|Al Tugauw
From Malaysia-Today Posted by Raja Petra Friday, 11 April 2008 By Little Bird
Twice before I have suggested that the Malaysian Cabinet resign. Some readers
asked who am I to suggest such a thing. Spot on. I am just an ordinary bloke
wh...[More]
Blast From The Past - The Malaysian Dilemma Part 3 of 6
|||08/04/13 05:03 AM|Al Tugauw
THE MALAYSIAN DILEMMA - THE DISEASE AND THE CURE by D.P. Pangai 13.Sep.1998
Cynics say that this is merely a device to put much-needed funds into the hands
of the cronies. We will probably see more of that without Anwar in the
government (especially in the key Finance Minister's post). ...[More]
The Mystery That Is Sarawak Politics
|||08/04/13 05:56 AM|Al Tugauw
Posted on 21st March 2008 by Bob K at bobjots : redux The Mystery That Is
Sarawak Politics Whether we like it or not, the politics of Borneo are a mystery
to most of us here in the Peninsular. Despite the almost tot...[More]
THe Kingmakers: Sabah, Sarawak and the 12th Malaysia General Elections
|||08/04/13 06:13 AM|Al Tugauw
The Kingmakers: Sabah, Sarawak and the 12th Malaysia General Elections Malaysia
By Anthea Mulakala Anthea Mulakala is The Asia F...[More]
Wait and Bleed, BN!
|||08/04/13 10:18 AM|Al Tugauw
Wait and Bleed, BN! March 31st, 2008 | by bongkersz | | Posted in » Articles,
BN-ism, Blogosphere, Boleh-ism, Bolehland, Bootlickers, Democracy, Election,
Idiocy, MISC, Malaysia Today, News, Personal, Politics, Rage, Sabah, Sarawak
Quote of the day: I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose
opinions I have no respec...[More]
Contradictions in land development schemes: the case of joint ventures in
Sarawak, Malaysia by Dimbab Ngidang
|||08/04/13 09:31 PM|Al Tugauw
Abstract Contradictions in land development schemes: the case of joint ventures
in Sarawak, Malaysia Dimbab Ngidang 1Universiti Malaysia...[More]
Taib to be the CM of Sarawak for another 27 years
|||08/04/14 02:24 AM|Al Tugauw
Taib to be the CM of Sarawak for another 27 years Sunday, April 6, 2008 at 8:59
AM Posted by MD Labels: Chief Minister, East Malaysian From 1981 until 2008,
Taib has been the Chief Minister of Sarawak for 27 years. Th...[More]
The Nature of Poverty
|||08/04/14 08:03 PM|Al Tugauw
The Nature of Poverty Property rights help the poor even more than the rich
Ronald Bailey | July 13, 2005 Friends of the Earth International (FOE) has just
issued its report Nature: Poor People's Wealth in conjunction with the G8 Summit
of rich nations at Gleneagles in Scotland. The FOE report ...[More]
Who Needs An Islamic State?
|||08/04/14 11:07 PM|Al Tugauw
The Fight against POVERTY is an undending struggle for JUSTICE
|||08/04/15 01:47 AM|Al Tugauw
The Fight against POVERTY is an unending struggle for JUSTICE By Din
Meric...[More]
Is It Another True Lie & Intimidation?
|||08/04/15 02:18 AM|Al Tugauw
Wednesday, April 9, 2008 Is It Another True Lie & Intimidation? Joining
opposition, not an option for Bidayuhs Eastern Time Press (Wednesday 9 April
2008) Left (Dawos :- Lost his Post to Sulaiman) Right (Manyin :- Traitor and Yes
man) Taib penning his signature on the plaque at Kampung Anah Rais in Padawan.
....[More]
10 Worst Enemies of The Press 2001
|||08/04/15 03:29 AM|Al Tugauw
New York, May 3, 2001 - The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) today named
the Ten Worst Enemies of the Press for 2001, focusing attention on individual
leaders who are responsible for the world's worst abuses against the media...
Mah...[More]
The Malaysian Insider Report - Anwar's Comeback April 15, 2008
|||08/04/15 04:18 AM|Al Tugauw
Yesterday 'Black 14', today 'White 15'? The crowd of Anwar loyalists in Kampung
Baru, Kuala Lumpur ready to celebrate Monday night. ? The Malaysian Insider
picture by Choo Choy May By Debra Chong KUALA LUMPU...[More]
Blast From The Past - The Malaysian Dilemma Part 4 of 6
|||08/04/16 01:48 AM|Al Tugauw
THE MALAYSIAN DILEMMA - THE DISEASE AND THE CURE by D.P. Pangai 13.Sep.1998 What
many Malaysians failed to realize then is that this sick joke was on them.
Whatever the case may be, it had rapidly become apparent to Malaysians that in
Mahathir they had found a modern-day Fir?aun or P...[More]
Deforesting Malaysia:
|||08/04/16 03:51 AM|Al Tugauw
Deforesting Malaysia: The Political Economy and Social Ecology of Agricultural
Expansion and Commercial Logging Authors: Jomo Sundaram, Chang Y.T., Khoo K.J.
Contributor(s): Lee Hwok Aun, James Lochlead, Henry Loh Kee Wey, Colin Nicholas,
John Phoa, T. Rajavijayan, Baldev Singh Sidhu, Yap Leng Kue...[More]
Berawans' Struggle in Mulu Paradise Continues
|||08/04/16 02:42 PM|Al Tugauw
Berawans' Struggle in Mulu Paradise Continues By Willie Kajan Willie Kajan
2008-04-10 | Fighting an increasingly difficult battle, the Berawan struggle on
in defense of native customary rights to their ancestral land that has now been
alienated for development of the tourism industry. For the ...[More]
Living Or Dying With Tourism? The Berawan of Mulu
|||08/04/16 04:22 PM|Al Tugauw
From Zones of Oppression 1993 Living with Tourism MULU NATIONAL PARK, SARAWAK,
MALAYSIA - First the startling and strange...[More]
A Mulu Anecdote
|||08/04/16 05:14 PM|Al Tugauw
From Claubert & Gildia's Big Journey Mulu National Park Our last excursion in
Sarawak was to the Mulu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. There, we
....[More]
Taib Mahmud's Timber Politics
|||08/04/17 03:37 AM|Al Tugauw
How Taib Mahmud's Power in Sarawak is Maintained Through Timber Money Extracts
from David Brown's doctoral dissertation "Why Governments Fail to Capture
Economic Rent: The Unofficial Appropriation of Rain Forest Rent by Rulers in
Insular Southeast Asia Between 1970 and 1999" (374 pages) will be...[More]
Blast From The Past - The Malaysian Dilemma Part 5 of 6
|||08/04/18 12:32 AM|Al Tugauw
THE MALAYSIAN DILEMMA - THE DISEASE AND THE CURE by D.P. Pangai 13.Sep.1998 As
one fund manager after another began to realize their profits and pull out their
investments out of Thailand and Indonesia, the stock markets in these countries
rapidly collapsed (in Thailand it had been prece...[More]
The Continuing Saga of Taib Mahmud's Greed
|||08/04/18 01:11 AM|Al Tugauw
How Sarawak's Timber Wealth Benefits a Few at the Expense of the Many Extracts
from David Brown's doctoral dissertation "Why Governments Fail to Capture
Economic Rent: The Unofficial Appropriation of Rain Forest Rent by Rulers in
Insular Southeast Asia Between 1970 and 1999" (374 pages) will be p...[More]
Malaysia - An Unholy Alliance of Politics and Logging
|||08/04/18 06:27 PM|Al Tugauw
DEFENDING THE EARTH Abuses of Human Rights and the Environment June 1992 Human
Rights Watch Natural Resources Defense Council The indigenous people who live in
the Malaysian rainforest and are dependent on it for ev...[More]
Malaysian Minister (from Sarawak) lies in BBC News interview
|||08/04/20 01:42 AM|Al Tugauw
Malaysian Minister lies in BBC News interview Written by Noor Aza Othman
Wednesday, 13 June 2007 The Malaysian Minister of Plantation Industries and
Commodities, Peter Chin Fah Kui was obviously lying through his teeth in one of
the most disappointingly lame interviews I?ve seen on the BBC News on the 11
June. The interview instead seemed as if intended to let the Minister to spread
sheer propaganda in Europe, that the cultivation of...[More]
Are Hong Kong bankers clearing a path for forest destruction?
|||08/04/20 03:19 AM|Al Tugauw
John Berthelsen 22 March 2007 Did major investment banks forget their own forest
protection guidelines in the rush for IPO fees? Environmental protesters are
charging tha...[More]
Five Ibans arrested over NCR dispute
|||08/04/20 04:39 AM|Al Tugauw
Source: Malaysiakini Tony Thien | Apr 19, 08 1:37pm Five Ibans have been
arrested by the Miri police on Thursday for what is believed to be the result of
their persistent protest against the activities of an oil palm company working
on thei...[More]
No point "probing" Mahathir
|||08/04/22 04:31 PM|Al Tugauw
Personally, Sarawak Headhunter thinks having a public enquiry on Mahathir would
be a sheer waste of time and public funds, unless we have real solid evidence.
If we did, then charge him in court. Otherwise it would not be in the national
interest. We would only be giving him yet another forum ...[More]
Blast From The Past - The Malaysian Dilemma Part 6 of 6
|||08/04/27 12:25 AM|Al Tugauw
THE MALAYSIAN DILEMMA - THE DISEASE AND THE CURE by D.P. Pangai 13.Sep.1998 This
article conveyed his impression obtained from a meeting of money managers who
collectively control several hundred billion (US) dollars he attended. As he
said, "Mainly I wanted to know why such smart...[More]
How Much Is Enough For Taib Mahmud, His Family & Cronies?
|||08/04/27 04:35 AM|Al Tugauw
Extracts from David Brown's doctoral dissertation "Why Governments Fail to
Capture Economic Rent: The Unofficial Appropriation of Rain Forest Rent by
Rulers in Insular Southeast Asia Between 1970 and 1999" (374 pages) will be
posted in Sarawak Headhunter from time to time, but those who want to
down...[More]
Dying Cultures In Sarawak Should Be Revived - Taib Mahmud
|||08/04/28 12:14 AM|Al Tugauw
April 26, 2008 17:01 PM MUKAH: The Sarawak chief minister wants several
forgotten ethnic cultures in the state to be revived by organising more
ethnic-based cultural programmes. Tan Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud said most of the
cultures which had been the identity for Bumiputeras in Sarawak w...[More]
How Taib Uses Timber To Divide and Rule The Ibans
|||08/04/29 01:14 AM|Al Tugauw
Extracts from David Brown's doctoral dissertation "Why Governments Fail to
Capture Economic Rent: The Unofficial Appropriation of Rain Forest Rent by
Rulers in Insular Southeast Asia Between 1970 and 1999" (375 pages) will be
posted in Sarawak Headhunter from time to time, but those who want to
down...[More]
Message to my dear sisters and brothers in Sarawak and Sabah - from a Ranger
|||08/05/01 10:19 AM|Al Tugauw
Message to my dear sisters and brothers in Sarawak and Sabah Friday, March 14,
2008 They do not have many Sarawakian or Sabahan Ministers, do they, at the
Federal level? If they had, they are given unimportant Ministership as...[More]
A Small Part of Taib Mahmud & Family's Corporate Empire
|||08/05/01 11:38 AM|Al Tugauw
Extracts from David Brown's doctoral dissertation "Why Governments Fail to
Capture Economic Rent: The Unofficial Appropriation of Rain Forest Rent by
Rulers in Insular Southeast Asia Between 1970 and 1999" (375 pages) will be
posted in Sarawak Headhunter from time to time, but those who want to
down...[More]
Last Week
In Malaysia, Sarawak Has a Cash Register on the Port
|||08/05/07 10:45 AM|Al Tugauw
In Malaysia, Sarawak Has a Cash Register on the Port From Asia Sentinel Tony
Chan 14 November 2007 Chief Minister Abdul Taib Mahmud?s family continues to
want its ?commission? on timber shipped to Japan ...[More]
Taib Mahmud & Family's Dirty Smelter Deals
|||08/05/07 11:40 AM|Al Tugauw
Rio Rendah From Aisehman 7 August 2007 | 592 Views Sarawak will soon have
wh...[More]
How Is It That Najib Can Utter Seditious Words With Impunity?
|||08/05/09 07:36 AM|Al Tugauw (noreply@@blogger.com)
Yesterday
The Wealth of Sarawak Around the Necks and other Parts of these Ladies
|||Yesterday 03:56 PM|Al Tugauw (noreply@@blogger.com)
Flaunting It In Monaco: (Top Photo) 2nd from Left, Sasha Geneid (Niece of Taib
Mahmud) 3rd from Left, Radziah Mahmud (Sister of Taib Mahmud) 4th from Left,
Jamil...[]

.