Re: [OT] Streamyx customer care number from overseas / house moving

Here's what I think most normal people who really need to get work done
will do. First, they can get their parents/folks to apply for the line
which takes only a few days to set up, by the contractor ( took all of 2
days only, in my case, a few years ago ),

"...a few days..."
Is this the common case these days? I guess there are no more 3-month wait
horror stories. When I had it set up in... 2003 I believe it was... it took
a little over 6 weeks. MV, and is quite area dependant (mine's Bangsar
FWIW), but granted: I haven't any recent experience or knowledge on the
matter.

If the policy for movers is that they have to simply reapply then you'd be
placed in the back of the queue (if there is one), and in case of heavy
demand you may get stuck up the creek without a port at the exchange... this
is my main fear :-(

As for cybercafe, using friend's Internet, camping outside starbucks etc...
all possible in a pinch. Thanks for your suggestion.

  • Re: Material resources divided by 60 and presented as hours in graph?
    ... In my project large volumes of soil are processed by a contractor. ... contractor has made a projectplanning based on its demand. ... opportunity to present the difference in graphs. ... Because the resource has been tagged as a material type, ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: OT? ISO9000 -- The Big Picture
    ... To the client, since he has a tool to demand that procedures ... The important thing for the client is that the contractor ... and companies that produce crappy products (or however you want to ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Fresh as the moment when the pod went splat
    ... capital investment, and supply and demand, make any difference at all? ... Likewise grain, field beans, tic beans, rape, sugar beet, etc.. ... I used to have a seven acre field drilled and harvested by a contractor, but they prefer to take on big spreads. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)