Canadian Navy frigate concludes China visit
- From: cnw <cnw@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:25:05 +0800
Home >> China
UPDATED: 07:50, August 21, 2006
Canadian Navy frigate "REGINA" concludes China visit
The Canadian navy frigate "REGINA" left the Shanghai's Yangtze River Port on
Sunday, concluding a 6-day friendly visit.
The vessel with 233 people on board is commanded by Commodore Bruce Donaldson,
Commander of the Canadian Pacific Fleet.
Senior colonel Shen Changkang, the Chinese Navy's Shanghai base vice-chief of
staff, held a ceremony at the port to send off the REGINA.
During the visit, Commodore Donaldson and other Canadian naval officers met with
Major General Wang Deding of the Chinese Navy's Shanghai base and vice-mayor of
Shanghai Feng Guoqin.
The Canadian officials visited the guided missile frigate designed and produced
by China during their stay. Chinese and Canadian military personnel also staged
a friendly football match and a tug-of-war.
The REGINA entered service on Sept. 30. 1994. This is the fifth time the
Canadian warship visited Shanghai.
- Prev by Date: China, Kazakhstan to hold joint drill...........
- Next by Date: Gunmen kill over 20 Shiite pilgrims in Baghdad
- Previous by thread: China, Kazakhstan to hold joint drill...........
- Next by thread: Gunmen kill over 20 Shiite pilgrims in Baghdad