Khazanah Nasional, Malaysia's state investment agency, wants to become a
strategic investor in China, saying the world's most populous nation is an
important market for the company.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Khazanah Nasional, Malaysia's state investment agency, wants to become a
strategic investor in China, saying the world's most populous nation is an
important market for the company.
Khazanah is also keen on infrastructure projects in Indonesia and wants to
invest in the banking industry in Asia, including Malaysia, its managing
director Azman Mokhtar said.

"You cannot ignore China," Azman said in Kuala Lumpur. "It's also a market
where we are fairly cautious, because in many cases everybody wants to
invest in China, but many have been less than prudent in China."

Khazanah has been revamping government-linked companies such as Telekom
Malaysia and Bumiputra- Commerce Holdings and pushing them to invest
overseas in an effort to reap better returns.

It has spent about US$866 million (HK$6.75 billion) since January 2005
buying stakes in foreign companies including Parkson Retail Group in Hong
Kong and Bank Lippo in Indonesia. It has stakes in more than 40 firms worth
more than 150 billion ringgit (HK$315.27 billion) in market value.

BLOOMBERG

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/

=========================DISCLAIMER==========================
This article is copyrighted material, the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
=========================end, and/or end quote================
-pluto

  • Growing anti-China protectionism would send US economy into a recession
    ... emanating from Congress about restricting investments by state-owned ... Which is focused primarily on China, ... Ford or Microsoft can sell and invest there. ... size US-based oil company your Congress raised up a stink so we had to ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: Is it true the PRC can cause the US to collapse without firing a shot?
    ... If China change their US dollar holding to other currencies it will not ... China had learned lessons from other countries like Japan. ... develop and deploy the retrechned executives to these places to invest. ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Taiwan to let brokerages invest in China
    ... Taiwan to let brokerages invest in China ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: Chinas Investment Tsunami
    ... China' s central bank wants to learn from Blackstone ... on how to invest in productive companies in this world. ... India have reportedly been considering setting up funds along similar ... governments who have budget surpluses to invest. ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • China is welcome on Wall Street... BUT
    ... China is welcome on Wall Street, but its foreign acquisitions are ... BEIJING - Flush with hundreds of billions of dollars, China Inc. ... political minefield because many Chinese buyers are owned by or close ... disclose more about what they invest in and why. ...
    (alt.politics.bush)