[Naharnet] Paris and Rome Ready To Help Lebanon Organize Next Elections
- From: Cheers <moussa_el@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:48:53 +0900
Paris and Rome Ready To Help Lebanon Organize Next Elections
France and Italy announced their willingness to help Lebanon organize
its June 7 legislative elections and send election monitors.
French Foreign Minister Bernard Kuochner, and his Italian
counterpart Franco Fratini in a joint interview by the French daily Le
Monde on Tuesday said: "Lebanese democracy must be protected."
"In this regard we are ready to if the Lebanese authorities want
to help organize this election and guarantee its proper path, by sending
election monitors to ensure a transparent and free election based on
international democratic standards," the ministers said.
They both stressed the importance in contributing in normalizing
Lebanon's relations with its regional surrounding.
Both ministers praised the establishment of Lebanese-Syrian
In mid February the European Commission announced a 4 million Euro
grant to Lebanon to help organize the parliamentary elections. Moreover,
the Jimmy Carter Foundation proposed sending monitors to the Lebanese
Beirut, 24 Feb 09, 20:45
The information contained in this post is copyright of
the poster, and specifically may not be published in,
or used by http://www.jlaforums.com
- Prev by Date: [Naharnet] Lebanon Coordinates Transfer of Electric Power From Egypt With Syria
- Next by Date: [Asharq ALawsat] Pay Attention ... Lebanon is in Danger!
- Previous by thread: [Naharnet] Lebanon Coordinates Transfer of Electric Power From Egypt With Syria
- Next by thread: [Asharq ALawsat] Pay Attention ... Lebanon is in Danger!