Re: ##French Proposal for a Ceasefire
- From: "Basil H" <mr_mojo_waiting@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 3 Aug 2006 16:18:24 -0700
richard joseph wrote:
The French proposal for a ceasefire, now being circulated among Security
Council members, includes the following points:
a.. Strict respect for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Israel
b.. Release of the two captured Israeli soldiers that sparked the
c.. Disarmament of all militias in Lebanon and the deployment of the
Lebanese army throughout southern Lebanon.
d.. Marking the international borders of Lebanon, including the disputed
Chebaa farms area.
e.. Establishing a buffer zone from the border to Lebanon's Litani River.
Only Lebanese security forces and U.N.-mandated international forces would
be allowed in the buffer zone.
f.. Settlement of "the issue of the Lebanese prisoners detained in Israel.
This is a reasonable proposal that should be implemented sooner rather than
I agree. Vive la France.
- Prev by Date: The Baalbeck Commando raid
- Next by Date: Re: Iran must stop nuclear work now, says UN
- Previous by thread: The Baalbeck Commando raid
- Next by thread: Re: Boston: Support Lebanon, August 6