U.S. grants waiver to ease plight of Hmong

win both way:
be a Hmong terror will qualify for asylum in America
be a returnee Hmong will get the land and shelter from LPDR

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Bush administration is granting a waiver for
Hmong who provided material support to organizations that are deemed
to be terrorist, which should ease the plight of some but not all
Hmong who are ensnared in federal immigration law.

The Departments of State and Homeland Security say the law's
provisions won't apply to material support that was provided to
certain Hmong groups prior to 2005.

The change won't apply to Hmong who actually took up arms. Under
provisions of the Patriot Act and the Real ID Act, those Hmong who
fought alongside Americans against Communists in the 1960s and 70s in
Laos are still considered terrorists -- which disqualifies them for
asylum or green cards.

  • Re: Hmong refugees at Nong Khai jail are suicidal
    ... As one undivided nation, Hmong and all Americans, we have after 1975 ... us not go back to Laos without dignity. ... America is one of the very ... Your editor sounds unduly pessimistic about the effect on newspapers ...
    (soc.culture.hmong)
  • Re: VP, McCoy, and Opium
    ... we contributed to the sovereignty of America and earned our ... Lue over GVP for the Hmong contribution to America via the Secret War ... and bags of money wherever he went and he threw money to the general ...
    (soc.culture.hmong)
  • Re: VP, McCoy, and Opium
    ... we contributed to the sovereignty of America and earned our ... Lue over GVP for the Hmong contribution to America via the Secret War ... and bags of money wherever he went and he threw money to the general ...
    (soc.culture.hmong)
  • DKJ Im over heard that no more WAR in Laos, But what is this can you clarify please.
    ... enemy jungle, forgotten by America and the world ... These are the remnants of the Royal Laos Army, ... Vietnam War, but for the Hmong, it was just the beginning. ... "We have lost thousands of troops for America...
    (soc.culture.hmong)
  • Re: Lao commies are still chasing Jungle people every day!!