Re: Ignorant and gonna stay that way
- From: cindys <cindys200@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 21:26:42 +0000 (UTC)
On Jan 9, 11:22 am, Giorgies E Kepipesiom <kepipes...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Jan 9, 1:44 pm, Yisroel Markov <ey.mar...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-----
Because most women there don't wear such clothes, so wearing them
makes one stand out and attract extra attention. Nothing to do with
coverage per se.
Is there some precedent for this concept in the law books, or did some
contemporary rabbis just make up this ban against long skirts just to
increase the scope of their power over others?
Oh, so now according to you, we suddenly have rabbis "banning" long
skirts? Please elaborate, as this is news to me. I suspect it would
also be news to all of the frum women who live in my neighborhood.
- Prev by Date: Re: NYT - "Keeping It Kosher"
- Next by Date: Re: NYT - "Keeping It Kosher"
- Previous by thread: Re: Ignorant and gonna stay that way
- Next by thread: Re: Ignorant and gonna stay that way