Re: Basis for converssion
- From: moshes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 08:45:53 +0000 (UTC)
sheldonlg <sheldonlg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On 10/14/2010 10:17 PM, Joe Bruno wrote:
Question. If a Conservative Jew wants to become Orthodox, are there
any study or ceremonial requirements?
No. If the person is already Jewish by Orthodox standards, then
all he need do is start being Orthodox.
He will very likely need to _study_ in order to observe halacha.
It is a tremendous Mitzvah to always be happy! - Reb Nachman of Breslov
The home and family are the center of Judaism, *not* the synagogue.
May Eliezer Mordichai b. Chaya Sheina Rochel have a refuah shlaimah
btoch sha'ar cholei Yisroel.
Disclaimer: Nothing here necessarily reflects the opinion of Hebrew University
- Prev by Date: Re: The Fraudulent Scholarship of Mearshimer and Walt
- Next by Date: Re: Basis for converssion
- Previous by thread: Re: Basis for converssion
- Next by thread: Ground Zero Mosque Imam Lies to IRS