Re: How the NY Times reports

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 06:29:38PM +0000, Abe Kohen wrote:
: Quote, please. The Torah says to wear a wig?

THe Torah says that the kohein uncovers the sotah's hair. Taken for granted
is that hair covering is the norm.

: > But in any case, it needn't be a wig. In fact, there is a school of
: > thought that says a woman shouldn't use a wig to cover her hair.

: As my great-grandfather wrote in his Last Will and Testament.

One of the few things that Rav Ovadiah Yosef ruled that few Sepharadim follow
is not to use a wig as a hair covering.

He recently repeated a weaker version, that at least for the teshuvah season,
when taking on stringencies is traditional, this would be a logical stringency.

: And another question: Why does a widow or a divorcee need to wear a wig (or
: tichl)?

I don't know why married women do, other than "Hashem said so".

Tir'u baTov!
-Micha

--
Micha Berger I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
micha@xxxxxxxxxxx but it is my chief duty to accomplish small