Re: How the NY Times reports

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 06:29:38PM +0000, Abe Kohen wrote:
: Quote, please. The Torah says to wear a wig?

THe Torah says that the kohein uncovers the sotah's hair. Taken for granted
is that hair covering is the norm.

: > But in any case, it needn't be a wig. In fact, there is a school of
: > thought that says a woman shouldn't use a wig to cover her hair.

: As my great-grandfather wrote in his Last Will and Testament.

One of the few things that Rav Ovadiah Yosef ruled that few Sepharadim follow
is not to use a wig as a hair covering.

He recently repeated a weaker version, that at least for the teshuvah season,
when taking on stringencies is traditional, this would be a logical stringency.

: And another question: Why does a widow or a divorcee need to wear a wig (or
: tichl)?

I don't know why married women do, other than "Hashem said so".

Tir'u baTov!
-Micha

--
Micha Berger I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
micha@xxxxxxxxxxx but it is my chief duty to accomplish small

  • Re: Comic-Con Schedule Preview - B5 panel on Friday 7/27
    ... I don't believe that's in JMS' version, ... If it is...she can wear a wig during the actual ... I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: Rafi clips
    ... Also was reading elsewhere that Hema Malini used to wear wigs in most ... of the films including sholay and gulzar persuaded her to not wear them ... for khushboo. ... She was required to wear an elaborate wig in her ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)
  • Re: This post is about KISS
    ... but that's missing the part where he calls Gene a liar. ... So is his hair short or is that a short hair wig? ... Maybe on a Friday wear a multi-colored fright wig. ...
    (rec.music.artists.kiss)
  • Re: Comic-Con Schedule Preview - B5 panel on Friday 7/27
    ... I don't believe that's in JMS' version, ... If it is...she can wear a wig during the actual ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: My Fair Lady: is the ending ambiguous?
    ... Ah, but did you have to wear a full wig, because you'd been shaving your ... head for six months? ...
    (rec.arts.theatre.musicals)