Re: How the NY Times reports
- From: Micha Berger <micha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 14:44:50 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 06:29:38PM +0000, Abe Kohen wrote:
: Quote, please. The Torah says to wear a wig?
THe Torah says that the kohein uncovers the sotah's hair. Taken for granted
is that hair covering is the norm.
: > But in any case, it needn't be a wig. In fact, there is a school of
: > thought that says a woman shouldn't use a wig to cover her hair.
: As my great-grandfather wrote in his Last Will and Testament.
One of the few things that Rav Ovadiah Yosef ruled that few Sepharadim follow
is not to use a wig as a hair covering.
He recently repeated a weaker version, that at least for the teshuvah season,
when taking on stringencies is traditional, this would be a logical stringency.
: And another question: Why does a widow or a divorcee need to wear a wig (or
I don't know why married women do, other than "Hashem said so".
Micha Berger I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
micha@xxxxxxxxxxx but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
http://www.aishdas.org tasks as if they were great and noble.
Fax: (270) 514-1507 - Helen Keller
- Prev by Date: Re: How the NY Times reports
- Next by Date: Re: How the NY Times reports
- Previous by thread: Re: How the NY Times reports
- Next by thread: Re: King David offends the Haredi