Re: Words to the contrary

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:30:33 +0000 (UTC), Sergei
<sergei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am very impressed by your bravery and all those life threatening
events that happened to you , and you complain to me that somebody
here wrote you a note ?
I thank that person whoever she/he is.
I am proud to be a surviver , as all survivers should feel .  and in
my reserach i memorize my murdered relatives .
mirjam

I'm proud of my Navy service. It was a risk I took voluntarily and a
financial sacrifice I made voluntarily because I love the USA. Nobody
came after me to do me harm.
I wasn't complaining about the note(it was actually a public forum
post, not a private note)
You should have seen it yourself. I'm surprised you didn't jump in and
join them in chastising me.
(as you are doing now)

You're wasting your time. The only people whose disapproval I care
about are my Sister and my two deceased parents. The rest of the world
can call me whatever they like and it will bounce right off.

Then why do you argue so much and so energetically when people argue
with you. You must care some. There's nothing wrong with that.

Even if, for the sake of argument, you don't care, that doesn't mean
she is wasting her time. You and she, and I, are probably not the
only people reading.
--

Meir

"The baby's name is Shlomo. He's named after his grandfather, Scott."

  • Re: Words to the contrary
    ... and you complain to me that somebody ... I am proud to be a surviver, ... Then why do you argue so much and so energetically when people argue ... I don't care for the sake of ego or emotional reasons. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Bit testing
    ... I don't care about Karl, ... I believe my statement was asserted as an opinion, not as fact, so I ... I've heard people complain about posting to threads off topic, ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: [OT] Please STOP it!
    ... This list is overdue for a long off-topic rant, ... No, it isn't, it's just contradiction. ... if I argue with you I must take up a contrary position. ... I want to complain. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: convincing the authorities: definition of "espresso"
    ... worries about stuff like that would care to answer. ... h both those who complain of sigs being snipped and those who complain of them not being snipped. ... The incredibly simple guidelines on posting to the Usenet have evolved over quarter of a century with the object of making the Usenet an enjoyable and rewarding experience for the majority. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Congress OKs Gun Industry Lawsuit Shield
    ... > Reread it and find more. ... find something to argue about. ... around to fight with and complain about. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)