Re: Yiddish Policemen's Union

"Steve Goldfarb" <slg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I checked the archives and it looks like we didn't really discuss this
book directly. I just re-read it, and recalled how much I enjoyed it. From
the first few pages Chabon paints such a picture of a Yiddish-speaking
world in Alaska that it's just incredible. Great book.

Anyone else read it? What do you all think?

I read it. I remember being really annoyed for the first 40-50 pages:
yes, we get it, they're Jewish. I felt like I was being hit over the
head with it, constantly.

Eventually, though, either Chabon eased up or I became desensitised
due to repeated pounding. It became a somewhat fun read. Not the best
book I've read, but not the worst either.

--
Don Levey If knowledge is power,
Framingham, MA and power corrupts, then...