Yiddish Policemen's Union

I checked the archives and it looks like we didn't really discuss this
book directly. I just re-read it, and recalled how much I enjoyed it. From
the first few pages Chabon paints such a picture of a Yiddish-speaking
world in Alaska that it's just incredible. Great book.

Anyone else read it? What do you all think?

--s

  • (USA) Alaska Territorial Court Records to Remain In Alaska When Regional National Archives Office Cl
    ... In March I reported on this discussion group that the National Archives ... Regional Facility were to be transferred to the Seattle, ... Recent newspaper articles stated some historical records will stay in Alaska ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • [SLE] SSI enabled in default Apache2 conf?
    ... enabled in Apache2 on localhost. ... I've read and re-read pg. ... believe are the appropriate .conf files. ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Yiddish Policemens Union
    ... I just re-read it, and recalled how much I enjoyed it. ... the first few pages Chabon paints such a picture of a Yiddish-speaking ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: 2006s Best Albums for Beatles Fans
    ... Re-read this, and then read everything you said about my tastes in ... Your request that this thread NOT BE ARCHIVED has been noted at the Google ... site of the Archives for RMB. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • ALASKA
    ... In checking the archives I couldn't come up with a definitive answer ... Alaska in August, NAD 27 CONUS or NAD 27 Alaska (at least one that I ... I assume that I need to re-initialize. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)