Re: My confession:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:48:55 +0000 (UTC), in
soc.culture.jewish.moderated , "catfish2006" <dhays003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
in <y7qdnSXpgYIa1nHbnZ2dnUVZ_ofinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding Katrina) Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response.
She said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives.
And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give u s His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?"

And what was the explanations for all of the hurricanes before they
removed government supported prayer from the public schools?

In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.
Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Wow, before MMO there was no terrorism. How off for a Jew to say that.
I guess the Shoah was no big deal.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide).

I wonder if we can really use that as a standard to judge people. I
don't think I am going to play the game, but lots of apparently
religious folks have had their children commit suicide. As the
billboard at 72nd and Broadway so clearly states: depression is a
failure of chemistry, not of character.

We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said
OK.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

I am a "Spock" baby and I have a conscience and know right from wrong
and it sure bothers me to kill strangers, classmates, and myself*. As
Huxley, the agnostic, said: another beautiful theory shot down by an
ugly fact.

*Particularly myself. I feel bad about that for weeks after.

[snip]

--
Matt Silberstein

Do something today about the Darfur Genocide

http://www.beawitness.org
http://www.darfurgenocide.org
http://www.savedarfur.org

"Darfur: A Genocide We can Stop"